Youre my man, my mighty king, And I'm the jewel in your crown

Most people believe that when you love someone you need not to show coz love is something divine. However, I belong to a different school of thought. I believe that it is important for one to express love in as many words as one can. Though most often I and my chota (I fondly call Nidhi-My lady as "chota" or "chotu") keep saying those three magical words to each other, today, its different, today she has sent me a poem showing her love for me.

Now again, most people will say that i am over reacting to such a simple situation, but it is an important day for me coz she has surfed, selected and sent a poem to me. Now, I am sure you would understand that sending a text is much easier then sending a poem. This, also is, important as today it marks a beginning of a journey, a journey that would take me and nidhi to a new height in life. A place where we would be complimenting each other in the best possible way. A place where there would be no dearth of words to express our love for each other. Needless to say, I am happy. And needless to say, we seek all the blessings.

Here is what she had sent to me (No copyrights claimed)

You're my man, my mighty king,
And I'm the jewel in your crown,
You're the sun so hot and bright,
I'm your light-rays shining down,

You're the sky so vast and blue,
And I'm the white clouds in your chest,
I'm a river clean and pure,
Who in your ocean finds her rest,

You're the mountain huge and high,
I'm the valley green and wide,
You're the body firm and strong,
And I'm a rib bone on your side,

You're an eagle flying high,
I'm your feathers light and brown,
You're my man, my king of kings,
And I'm the jewel in your crown.

To Chota,

Indeed I am your man, and i shall be till God parts us. Indeed you are a jewel in my crown, the one that the world sees and appreciates. Indeed I am the sun and you my rays, the rays that bring the glory to me. Yes, i am all the adjectives that you have used in here and you are my reason to be one. Together we are, and together we will. Always remember a sun isn’t a sun unless the rays are there and a crown isn’t glowing unless the jewel is in it. Similarly I won’t be what I am unless I have your hand in mine, together we are "Deep-nidhi" and we shall always be.

1 comment:

Pooja Dixit said...

This is one of those honestly beautiful expressions which earn us special moments and wonderful times. I pray this warmth stays forever. Ameen!