What makes USA a different place then India?

This is an obvious question, and almost everyone who happens to be either an Indian or a US citizen who has been to India will have opinion. However, I would still like to present my thoughts around it. I have been here for close to a month and though I have primarily worked all this time I could still sense some difference which is apparent.

1. Attitude of “being USA”: - “It’s not a third world country it’s USA” so what even if every citizen has a burden of USD42000 on their head due to federal losses. The attitude is killing, they never think that they “can’t”, every possible thing in the world is do-able. Now if we come to sit and think of it, guess it’s the attitude that makes you take first few steps. We as Indians are too much worried about “My bad luck”, “My destiny”, etc. and our favorite quote being “I tried hard but couldn’t make it”. These statements are something that you would never hear in here. It’s simply a sense of feeling that I belong to the strongest country in the world.

2. Population: - Now do I even need to write in here, guess, yes. I agree we are over 1billion and USA is much less with much more area, but the point that I want to make is, here too they have queues, traffic jams, cluttered shopping areas, etc. What is remarkable is their respect of being “you” which is very different then being an “I”. In India, we just do not have respect for people. I have never understood this in my entire life, why we do not have patience? I have never understood why we can’t ride our bikes straight? Or why we have to take a U turn where there is no U Turn, why do we have to throw the garbage on roads?

I agree the USA has better facilities, not that they do not have problems, but they respect the stuff.

3. The non negotiable approach: - My AC was leaking and the person in the apartment below was facing a problem. Hence, we received a repair-man at 12am to mend the AC. The fellow came in opened the duct (kept saying sorry for disturbing but kept working!!) and used the adhesive to fix the problem, he kept trying until the problem was fixed which was in about 15 mins. He kept sorry to us during this whole duration. First of all in india, it’s impossible to find a repair-man at that hour (despite we having so many people and no money no one will come to work at that hour!!) and second if he will come in, it’s impossible that he would say sorry to you for disturbing.

Guys, before you jump to conclusions that I am favoring USA, let me tell you I have always admired the way these guys work. The admiration has reached a different level with my onsite visit, however, I would be hugely proud and happy if even we get to these levels in our life.

Moto, change the Attitude.
• India’s economy has grown much more then USA
• India has best brain and best workforce
• It’s Indians who are running most of the companies in here
• It’s Indians who are becoming rich by the day!!

While riches can be earned, attitude can’t be, it either has to be home grown or live without it.

3 comments:

Chinmayi said...

very true bhai!!!n very well written n expressed in simple words...
I totally agree with what all u have written in your blog.
As Indians, there is an urgent need to change our attitude. We must learn to appreciate and follow certain good things about the way USA is ruling as a nation.

Ila's world, in and out said...

Loved your writing. bro, it is our attitude that needs to be shaped and groomed rest will follow.
Bro, you got a natural flair for writing and this pleases me to no end.
keep writing.
God Bless

Unknown said...

Liked it :)