Idexcel or a life changing experience

It was about 11 months back when I decided to leave my most loved organization MindTree. The initial thought was to get into a better role and some more money. I used to be very frustrated in those days and kept burning my red blood cells for no reasons. This was until one fine day (read completely done bearing my frustration!!) my wife decided to help me out. The thing that was a mere hit on a website eventually turned out to be one of the better experiences in life. Hold on!! I am going to talk about that too.

So, one fine day, my lovely wifey-Nidhi, who was more bothered then me coz I was so much frustrated, decided to give my job hunting priority over her office work and used her office hours to find out a better place to work for me. What resulted was a call from a certain Mr Srinivas (he is now a very good friend!!) for a un-heard, un-seen company called E2S Corp(now called as Idexcel Inc). He wanted to know if I am interested in a bigger, better position and a new place to work for. I decided to take a shot at this; I went met few wonderful people and decided to call it quits at MT.

My first day (I still very clearly remember that day) was full of surprises for me. No formal induction, no signing of too many documents, a neatly arranged machine, a clean bottle of drinking water, a notepad and a pen was arranged for me. Felt a little good until the day progressed, for some reason I was feeling out of place. Before I could release one month had passed and it was time for collecting bigger paycheck. Worst!! It got delayed, I was nervous, I was anxious and I was very scared. But I kept it to myself. Kept saying to inner self, things are going to improve and Nidhi kept holding on to my ever increasing frustration and now depression.

The salary came, and so did peace of mind. Thereafter, there was no looking back, things started to roll. One crisis after another, long working hours, fights and fights at office start becoming a daily routine. I started wondering if that’s how the life would remain. In walked my current boss, Kannan. A man of super capability someone who comes with huge amount of patience and diligence. He started guiding me towards new learnings. I was again finding the lost focus. With him being around, I had little to worry, one of the first things that he ensured was to get our faith in the company which until then was slightly shaky.

Projects began to become a little more stable, QA started earning respect within the company and then we bagged a big project - Mexico National Id for system testing. With this project, I decided to pull myself up and try and reach to next level. I always knew that kannan was backing me up and hence that fear of failure started to become less each passing day. One thing that I realized during this whole course was that if you have some kind of a shield from fear, then you can be confident of being successful.

This project gave us a new pathway, new learning and then the biggest break for most of us. A trip to client side to USA. I would be lying if I say that the thought of going to USA wasn’t exciting, but I would also like to tell you that it was the feeling that I am going to lead a team being at US that gave me super energy to be upbeat about it.

I have always admired the way people at USA operate, they are so much more professional then us, they are so much focused towards their work and aim. This project gave me a chance to learn and see it all very closely. As I am writing this blog, I am Frankfurt airport, waiting to board my connecting flight to IAD-Washington dulles airport.

I don’t think I will ever forget what nidhi said before I departed from home. She said “one year back we were struggling to remain afloat amidst all financial/personal crisis and see today you are ready to board a flight to USA trying to get where you always wanted to be. Whole of this is changed because of Idexcel. I think we must be thankful to them”. And I said, indeed I will be and I will try to ensure that this project remains sketched to be one of the better managed projects.

Thanks Idexcel was making me reach a little closer to my dream!!.

No comments: