Educated Vs Wise

I have kind of created a war with the educated lot of the world. Its a self created self destructive excercise, but it is something out of what i see, feel, and bear each passing day. I would with all the limited intellect that i posses, try to put forward my points. The issues that have made me believe that the educated lot is making this world a horrifying place to be at.

I neither understand the complexities of finance, politics nor of business,so i would not indulge in those. I would keep myself to very low lying yet quiet important facts of life. Things that we come across each day and our approach towards all these.

1) Traffic woes: - Each morning when i get up and get ready to drive to office the thing that keeps knocking my head is "what kind of traffic will i get today". My observation of about 20k kms of driving has made me realise a few things.


  • All, yes all traffic jam is caused by educated people. Now u can create a seperate category for these. These are educated without patience. But didnt we all have read that education makes a man humble and hence full of patience.

  • All those who break traffic signal are educated people. Yes, all, coz probably they think its cool to break traffic signals. I think they do so coz they think they can get away from traffic police personal. Which means that there is an inherent feeling that so long as you are caught, its ok to break the law. Again, a deviation from what we are "educated". We all told to respect the law.

2) Bribe: - Here its an absolutely educated world. Both parties involved, i mean, the giver and the taker are educated. And in most case often well read too. But how does that matter at all, right, so what if we are told about the goods and the bads in school. So what, i mean we would have read Moral science as one of the "subjects". And am sure all of us wouldve "cleared" the examination. I have often laughed at the concept itself, moral science being a subject and then an examination for the same.

3) Nepotism: - I agree this had been a subject of study for a long time. It started with people who were not educated trying to get their sons or nephews in their place so that the family continues to earn. However, in recent times this whole concept has become applicable to very well educated industry. I cant believe people at middle management struggle for words while presenting their thoughts to team. I mean, its just not possible.


There are 100s of such examples around you, and all these make me feel sad each passing day that i belong to such group. What we dont understand is its easy to be educated, but what is tough is, to get wisdom.

I seek wisdom, good lord, else i know this earth would soon be one hell of a place to be at. All educated yet all breaking rules, all creating havoc on streets, in towns, in shops. I dont think in such a situation i can live peacefully, forget living happlily.

No comments: